This highly detailed, high quality, expert level, Amerigo Vespucci tall ship model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This Amerigo Vespucci tall ship model was specially designed & built by the plank on bulkhead method (joining multiple small pieces of wood like western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany together on the hull). The tall ship model is built exactly to scale as the original Amerigo Vespucci was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
The hull has been painted with a white and black two tone paint scheme. The front bowsprit and three large masts are connected securely using advanced rigging and lines painstakingly knotted and fastened by hand. On the deck, there are metal davits holding authentic hand-built lifeboats with ribs and planks, wooden cabin, wooden stairways, wooden ladders, and many other handcrafted ornaments. Included with this tall sailing ship model is the Italian national and navy flags.
The Amerigo Vespucci was launched in 1931, she takes her name from the famous Italian explorer, sailor and cartographer who also lent his name to the new world. She is a 3 masted fully rigged steel hulled vessel with an overall length of 331 feet, her beam is 51 feet and she has a draft of 21 feet. The Amerigo Vespucci was originally built as a training ship as still sails as one today for the Italian Naval Academy.
The model training tall ship measures overall 29" long from bow to stern. It's a beautiful ship model that is sure to become a Prized Family Heirloom!
Highlights about this model tall ship:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Included with this expert level tall ship model is a solid wood base with a brass name plate
- Size: 29" overall length x 24" height x 9.5" width
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model sailboat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen.
- Made of finest wood like western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany.
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this model
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop