This high quality, highly detailed, expert level, Danmark tall ship model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This tall ship model was specially designed & built by the plank on bulkhead method (joining multiple small pieces of wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood together on the hull). The tall ship model is built exactly to scale as the original Danmark was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
The DANMARK is a steel-hulled, three-masted and full-rigged ship. It was built as a training ship in 1933 at Nakskov Shipyard in Denmark. Since then it has provided basic training of young people seeking careers at sea. The ship is the property of the Kingdom of Denmark and has its home base there. It is capable of sailing all over the world, however in the recent years it has only been sailing in European waters. In 2002 the ship sailed to the USA and visited Boston, Norfolk, New York, Baltimore, Stamford, New London and Washington. The ship has a permanent crew of 16 persons and includes: Captain, Chief Officer, Chief Engineer, Training Officer, Doctor (MD), Cooks and Quartermasters. On board the DANMARK are 80 trainees - both young men and women. They are all 17 - 23 years of age and their stay on board is part of a basic training programme to qualify for a career in the merchant navy. The trainees are quartered in two quarters below deck - 40 in each.
Highlights about this model training tall ship:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Included with this expert level tall ship model is a solid wood base with a brass name plate.
- Size: 34.5" overall length x 25" height x 12" width.
- Condition: New (fully assembled).
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model sailboat.
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen.
- Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood.
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this model.
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic.
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.
The model measures 34 1/2" long from bow to stern. It's a very famous & popular training ship model that will be recognized and become a conversation piece for any room or office.