This very high quality, completely handcrafted, Boston Whitehall rowboat is brand new. The traditional pulling boat tender is manufactured by "Woodenboat USA" (formally Grande Canoes) a division of our fully assembled model ship & boats company OMH Inc. Woodenboat USA has more than 30 years of wood working experience and a passion for the water crafts they build. All Woodenboat USA Rowboats, Canoes & Kayaks come with a 6 month limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
This beautiful Boston Whitehall rowboat is handcrafted from strips of 100% Canadian western red cedar wood (a very rare, soft yet very strong timber). The hull is then covered with an invisible layer of clear fiber glass cloth which is bonded with watertight clear epoxy resin and is then coated with marine varnish. This combination of fiberglass & epoxy is very strong & abrasion resistant and completely transparent so that the beauty of the wood shows through while protecting it for generations.
This Cedar-strip Whitehall rowboat is completely hand built by skillful and creative master craftsmen, using a process called Strip-building which is a method of boat building commonly used for canoes and kayaks, but also suitable for larger boats. The process involves securing narrow, flexible strips of wood edge-to-edge around temporary forms. The strips are secured to each other with epoxy glue. The roughly covered hull is then smoothed and reinforced with fiberglass cloth & epoxy before removing it from the forms. The inside is then smoothed and similarly reinforced.
All of the fasteners, fittings and oarlocks are made of stainless steel. When you are not out enjoying the Whitehall pulling boat on the water, the rowing boat with it's contrasting cedar strips can make a striking display. Included with this cedar wood strip Whitehall rowboat are four show grade wooden oars.
This wooden tender measures 204" inches (17 feet) long from bow (front) to stern (rear). It's a show stopping pulling boat that is sure to attract attention on & off the water and to become a treasured family heirloom.
Highlights about this Boston Whitehall rowboat:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “strip-built” construction method.
- Included with this rowboat are quantity four (4) show grade wooden oars.
- Size: 204" (17') length x 25.8" height x 53.5" width.
- Bow height: 33"
- Mid height: 20"
- Stern height: 28.5"
- Capacity: Approx. 800 lbs, 1 to 5 persons
- Weight: 225 lbs
- Condition: New
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this cedar strip rowboat.
- Made of finest Canadian red cedar wood (a very rare, soft yet very strong timber).
- All the wood is naturally seasoned and kiln dried before use to make sure that the completed product withstands any climate.
- This rowboat went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.
- Shipped inside a custom wooden crate with foam layers surrounding it.
- SHIPPED VIA FREIGHT (TRUCK).
- FREE LOCAL PICK-UP AVAILABLE at Ontario, CA.