This museum quality, highly detailed, Whitehall Dinghy row boat display model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
The display Whitehall dinghy row boat is manufactured by "Woodenboat USA" (formally Grande Canoes) a division of our fully assembled model ship & boats company OMH Inc. Woodenboat USA has more than 30 years of wood working experience and a passion for the water crafts they build. All Woodenboat USA Row Boats, Canoes & Kayaks come with a 6 month limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
This beautiful Whitehall dinghy row boat is handcrafted from strips of 100% Canadian western red cedar wood (a very rare, soft yet very strong timber). The hull is then covered with an invisible layer of clear fiber glass cloth which is bonded with watertight clear epoxy resin and is then coated with a gloss marine varnish. This combination of fiberglass & epoxy is very strong & abrasion resistant and completely transparent so that the beauty of the wood shows through while protecting it for generations.
This Cedar-strip row boat is completely hand built by skillful and creative master craftsmen, using a process called Strip-building which is a method of boat building commonly used for canoes and kayaks, but also suitable for larger boats. The process involves securing narrow, flexible strips of wood edge-to-edge around temporary forms. The strips are secured to each other with epoxy glue. The roughly covered hull is then smoothed and reinforced with fiberglass cloth & epoxy before removing it from the forms. The inside is then smoothed and similarly reinforced.
Highlights about this Whitehall dinghy row boat display model:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “strip-built” construction method.
- Included with this Row Boat Model are 2 wooden paddles.
- Size: 62" length x 14.5" height x 26.5" width.
- Bow height: 14.5"
- Weight: Approx. 24 lbs
- Capacity: Approx. 70 lbs
- Please Note: There is no internal flotation installed
- Finish: Gloss Varnished Finish
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this display row boat model.
- Made of finest Canadian red cedar wood (a very rare, soft yet very strong timber).
- All the wood is naturally seasoned and kiln dried before use to make sure that the completed product withstands any climate.
- This row boat went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.
The Whitehall dinghy row boat is built exactly the same as our full size Boston Whitehall row boat and it floats (please note: there is no internal flotation), but it is small only 5.16 feet long and is meant for display. The row boat only weighs 24 lbs (a benefit of strip building). This Whitehall dinghy has wooden seats & floorboards and all fasteners & hardware are stainless steel. Included with this model display row boat are two wooden paddles.
This display row boat measures 62" (5.16') long from bow (front) to stern (rear). It's a show stopping Whitehall dinghy model that is sure to be a conversation piece for any large room, lodge, restaurant or pub.