This high quality, highly detailed, expert level, Limited Edition San Felipe Full Blowing Sails tall ship model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This 1690 San Felipe tall ship model was specially designed & handcrafted by the plank on bulkhead method (joining multiple small pieces of wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood together on the hull). The cloth sails have a new under full sail blown shape. Imagine the thrill of seeing these magnificent full sails billowing in the wind, bringing the battle ready warship to life in your own home. The deck is designed as the original San Felipe Spanish Galleon was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
Tall Ship models with full sail blown shaped sails may be more difficult to find or create, making them a unique and rare addition to a collection. To enhance its luxurious appeal, the model comes with two metal golden model ship display columns that are used to attach the ship to its wooden stand. The stand also bears an engraving of the words "Limited Edition," indicating that only 100 units of this magnificent model have been produced. This model is truly one-of-a-kind, making it a must-have for any serious collector or history buff.
The San Felipe was built by King of Spain and launched in 1690, was one of the most beautiful Spanish galleons of the XVII century as many decorative ornaments adorned her hull. She was the lead ship of the famous Spanish Armada. The San Felipe displaced more than 1000 tons and was armed with 96 cannons, enabling her to take on the most formidable ships in the French and British navies. The San Felipe's role in the war against the British and French was to help protect Spanish settlements and harbors, to transport treasures, and to safeguard the long and hazardous passage back to Spanish ports.
In 1705, she participated in a furious and heroic battle between 12 Spanish ships and 35 British ships. After 24 hours of battle, she was captured by an English ship, but was so badly damaged that she could not be salvaged as a prize. She went down to the bottom of the ocean with several tons of gold.
The model measures 28" long from bow to stern. It's a fabulous ship model that will be a conversation piece for any room or office.
Highlights about this San Felipe Spanish Galleon Tall Ship model:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Included with this expert level tall ship model is a solid wood base with a brass name plate
- Size: 28" overall length x 26" height x 9.5" width
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model sailboat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen
- Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this model
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.