King Of Mississippi Paddlewheel Wooden Model Boat 30"
This highly detailed, high quality, intermediate level, Mississippi Paddlewheel Model Boat is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This Mississippi Steamboat Model was specially designed & built by the plank on bulkhead method (joining multiple small pieces of wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood together on the hull). The ferry boat model is built exactly to scale as an actual Mississippi Stern Wheel Paddlewheel Boat was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
The Mississippi Paddlewheelers were mythologized by Mark Twain as the river had an adventurous spirit back in the 1800s. As America moved west the steamboats were filled with gamblers, rough characters, preachers, frontiersman and fancy ladies.
It is estimated that at it's peak close to 11,000 steamboats were sailing up and down the Mississippi.
The model measures 30" long from bow to stern. It's a fabulous Mississippi Paddlewheel Steamboat model that will be a conversation piece for any room and is sure to become a Prized family heirloom.
Highlights about this historic model steamboat:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Included with this intermediate level boat model is a solid wood base with a brass name plate
- Size: 30" overall length x 17" height x 7" width
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model boat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen
- Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this model
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop