This highly detailed, high quality, Strip Built Canadian Canoe model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This beautiful strip built Canadian Canoe Model is handcrafted from beautiful strips of red and yellow cedar wood. It is then coated with an outer coat of clear fiber glass. The hull is constructed using the strip built method, each strip of wood is carefully joined together to form a smooth hull. You can see this detail clearly in the pictures.
This strip built Canadian canoe model is completely hand built by skillful and creative master craftsmen.
Included with this model are 2 wooden paddles and a wood stand.
This huge model measures 44" long from bow to stern. It's a fabulous model that will be a conversation piece for any room or office.
Highlights about this canoe model:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “strip built” construction method
- Included with this Canoe Model is a wood base with a brass name plate
- Size: 44" length x 5.5" height x 7" width (110cm length x 14cm height x 17cm width)
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model
- Completed model contains alot of detail created by skillful master craftsmen
- Made of finest red & yellow cedar wood
- All the wood is naturally seasoned and kiln dried before use to make sure that the completed product withstands any climate
- Inside the hull, we use high quality epoxy which helps the thin wooden bars to bond close to one another and not split, crack or twist even in variable climatic conditions
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop