This high quality, highly detailed, Peterborough Canoe model fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This beautiful Peterborough Canoe Model is handcrafted from 100% highest quality wood. It is then painted with an outer coat of clear vanish. The hull is constructed using plank on bulkhead method, each strip of wood is carefully joined together to form a smooth hull.
The Peterborough Canoe Company was founded in 1893 with 50 skilled craftsmen in Peterborough Canada. By 1930 over 25% of the boat building workers in Canada worked in the Peterborough area at seven different companies.
Included with this model is a set of wooden oars and a wood stand with a metal name plate.
The canoe model measures 23.5" long from front to rear. It's a fabulous model boat that will be a conversation piece for any room or office.
Size: 23.5" x 6" x 4.75"
Highlights about this canoe model:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Included with this expert canoe model is a solid wood base with a brass name plate
- Size: 23.5" overall length x 6" height x 4.75" width
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model boat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen.
- Made of finest 100% wood.
- All the wood is naturally seasoned and kiln dried before use to make sure that the completed product withstands any climate
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop