This expert level, highly detailed, museum quality, Herreshoff 12 1/2 1914 Bullseye half hull model sailboat is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This Herreshoff 12 1/2 1914 Bullseye half hull model was crafted in mahogany and tropical hard woods by the traditional plank on bulkhead method. After the bulkheads are laid and the hull lines trued, the hull is planked with individual wooden strips to form a smooth silhouette.
The Herreshoff 12.5 Bullseye sailboat model is then sanded, hand painted with white topsides, red boot stripe and dark green bottom. On the varnished deck is a varnished wooden coming. The half hull is then mounted on a ready to hang wooden plaque, with an engraved brass nameplate. The half hull model is built exactly to scale as the original Herreshoff 12.5 was. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
The Herreshoff 12 ½ is a sailboat that is typically owned by shore-dwelling summer folks in Maine, and for good reason. Beautiful, roomy, seaworthy and sweet-sailing, they are the perfect boat to send the kids off for the day without worry. Many are those who learned to sail in a 12 ½ (often called a Bullseye in Maine), and many are the yachtsmen who, perhaps having parted with a larger boat, sail them for the remainder of their sailing lives. From Artisan Boatworks.
The half hull model plaque measures 18"(46cm) x 8"(20cm) and the model measures 13"(33cm) long from bow to stern. It's an historic half hull model sailboat that is sure to become a treasured family heirloom.
- Hand sanded hulls are finished with marine varnishes and polyurethane paint
- Included with this expert level model boat is an engraved brass nameplate
- Size Plaque: 18" overall length x 8" height
- Size Model: 13" overall length
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where require
- 100% hand crafted using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Made of the finest mahogany and tropical hard wood
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop