This museum quality, highly detailed, expert level, HMS Sovereign of The Seas tall ship model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This HMS Sovereign of The Seas model tall ship was custom built by the plank on bulkhead method (joining multiple small pieces of wood together on the hull). The deck is designed as the original Sovereign of The Seas was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
There is unique bowsprit that consists of brass statues and crafted brass ornaments on the panels. The front bowsprit and three large masts are connected securely using advanced rigging and lines painstakingly knotted and fastened by hand. Each yard has an attached hand-stitched rolled-up sails made of fine linen. Metal anchors and a wooden rudder are visible on the front and rear of the ship. On the deck, there are metal stationed cannons, authentic hand-built lifeboats with ribs and planks, wooden cabin, and many other handcrafted ornaments. There is also an exquisite detailed admiral’s quarter on the stern with a beautiful handcrafted metal lantern, amazing metal crafted statues, and many other spectacular brass ornaments.
This is an Exclusive Edition Model Ship, where each model is uniquely identified by a serial number, which is laser cut to the hull of each model. In this edition, we are able to identify the production date of a model, the material that was used on the model, the craftsmen who worked on each area of the model, the individual who inspected the model and also the professional packaging staff. Quality is our number 1 priority, thus all steps are thoroughly supervised from the beginning to the end of making each model.
Sovereign of the Seas was a 17th-century warship of the English Navy. She was ordered as a 90-gun first-rate ship of the line of the English Royal Navy, but at launch was armed with 102 bronze guns at the insistence of the king. It was later renamed HMS Sovereign, and then HMS Royal Sovereign at the Restoration of Charles II. The elaborately gilded stern ordered by Charles I of England meant enemy ships knew it as the "Golden Devil". She was launched on 13 October 1637, and served from 1638 until 1697, when a fire burnt the ship to the waterline at Chatham.
The XL tall ship model measures overall 58" (4.83 feet) long from bow to stern. It's a fabulous ship model that will be a conversation piece for any room or office.
Highlights about this model tall ship:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Included with this expert level tall ship model is a solid wood base with a brass name plate
- Size: 58" overall length x 53" height x 17" width
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model sailboat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen.
- Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood.
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this model
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop
- Shipped via Freight (truck)