This high quality, detailed, expert level, USS Constitution Old Ironsides ship model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This USS Constitution cross section model was specially designed & built by the plank on bulkhead method (joining multiple small pieces of wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood together on the hull). The tall ship model is built exactly to scale as the original USS Constitution was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen many hours to accomplish.
Details if interest include ballast stones, wooden water & provision casks (barrels), detailed rigging with deadeyes & ratlines, the main-top or fighting top (crows nest), brass hand rails, wooden inlaid decking, metal cannons and more. No plastic parts! The Old Ironsides model rests on a solid wood base with a nameplate.
The model measures 12.5" long from side to side, 34" height and 3.75" width. It's a historical ship model that will be a conversation piece for any room or office and is sure to become a treasured family heirloom.
Highlights about this cross section model Constitution Old Ironsides tall ship:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Included with this expert level tall ship model is a solid wood base with a name plate
- Size: 12.5" overall length x 34" height x 3.75" width
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Many hours where required to finish this model sailboat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen
- Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this model
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop