This high quality, highly detailed, intermediate level, San Felipe model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit). The model comes complete with a wooden floor display case with legs, both items will be shipped safely together (but separately) via FedEx Ground. You will have to install the model into the display case.
This San Felipe Tall Ship Model was specially designed & built by the plank on bulkhead method (joining multiple small pieces of wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood together on the hull). The Spanish Galleon model is built exactly to scale as the original San Felipe was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish. You can view and purchase the San Felipe 19" Model separately here.
The floor display case with legs is made out of hardwood and has a dark mahogany finish. With it's distinctive design it will add elegance and beauty when displayed in your home or office. It is 100% fully assembled and comes with plexiglass panels installed on all sides. The display case measures 26.5" length x 11" width x 49.75" height. Some assembly is required, you only need to attach the legs (removed for shipping). You can view and purchase the Floor Display Case separately here.
The San Felipe was first Launched in 1690 and was easily one of the most impressive ships of the Spanish Armada. As Spain’s lead ship during the 17th century, the San Felipe displaced over 1000 tons and was armed with 96 cannons, rendering her as one of the most capable fighters in the European Sea.
The model measures 19" long from bow to stern. It's a fabulous boat model that will be a conversation piece for any room or office.
Highlights about this model tall ship:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Included with this intermediate level sailboat model is a solid wood base with a brass name plate
- Size: 19" overall length x 18" height x 7" width
- Size Display Case: 26.5" length x 11" width x 49.75" height
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model sailboat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen.
- Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood.
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this model
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop