This highly detailed, expert level, Batavia Dutch East Indies ship model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This Batavia Dutch East Indies model was specially designed & built by the plank on frame method (joining multiple small pieces of wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood together on the hull). The tall ship model is built exactly to scale as the original Batavia was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
The model measures 37" long from bow to stern. It's a very famous ship model and along with the story of the mutiny it is sure to become a very conversational piece.
Highlights about this Dutch East Indies Batavia model tall ship:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Included with this expert level tall ship model is a solid wood base with a brass name plate
- Size: 37" overall length x 29.25" height x 10.5" width
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model sailboat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen
- Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this model
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop