This high quality, expert level, Dixie II Speed Boat Model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This Dixie II Runabout Model was specially designed & built by the plank on frame method (joining multiple small pieces of wood like Rosewood, Mahogany and western red cedar wood together on the hull). The speed boat model is built exactly to scale as the original Dixie II was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
This Dixie II model runabout went through a painstaking process of sanding and varnishing to achieve it's mirror finish. The fittings are all brass, the rudders and propellers are also brass. The seats are made of leather. This beautiful Dixie II speed boat model is sure to become a family heirloom.
The model measures 36" long from bow to stern. It's a wonderful speed boat model that is sure to be a conversation piece for any room or office.
Highlights about this Dixie II Speed Boat Model:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Included with this Expert level speed boat model is a solid wood base
- Size: 36" overall length x 9" height x 7" width
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model boat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen
- Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany and Western Red Cedar
- Brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this model speed boat
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop