This high quality, detailed, Shamrock I America's Cup Yacht Half Hull model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
The 1898 Shamrock I America's Cup sailboat half hull model is handcrafted from red cedar wood. The hull is constructed using a plank on bulkhead method, each strip of wood are carefully joined together to form a smooth hull. The Shamrock model is then sanded, hand painted with white topsides and a black bottom. This model is completely hand built to spec by skillful and creative master craftsmen.
On the Shamrock model, you will find a beautiful varnished wooden deck, wooden rails, deck house, sky lights, steering wheel, mast and a dingy tender. The half model is mounted on a solid wood frame that has been finished in black, there is a metal nameplate with "Shamrock (UK Challenger 1899), America's Cup Collection" written on it. Wall mounting hooks are located on the back of the frame.
The model was built according to scale through original plans, pictures and drawings. We absolutely use no plastic parts only the highest quality wood and metal parts.
This Shamrock half hull model frame measures overall 35.5" in length.
It's a fabulous model that will be a conversation piece for any room or office.
Highlights about this model sailboat:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Included with this expert level sailboat model is a solid wood frame and a metal nameplate
- Frame Size: 35.5" L x 0.5" W (deep) x 12" H
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model sailboat yacht
- Completed model contains hundreds of details created by skillful master craftsmen
- Made of finest red cedar wood
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this model
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop