This handcrafted, expert level, highly detailed, CSS Virginia Civil War Confederate ironclad model ship is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit). The model comes complete with a wooden table top display case, with SPECIAL PRICING & FREE SHIPPING! Both items will be shipped safely together via FedEx Ground. The display case does require some assembly and you will have to install the model into the display case.
Details on this Confederate Navy warship model include grated upper wooden deck, planked main deck, two boat davits with tenders, Confederate flags, smoke stack with chain, pilothouse, twin metal anchors with anchor line, casemate rivets, bow ram and many more details...
This CSS Virginia ironclad model was specially designed & built by the plank on bulkhead method (joining multiple small pieces of wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood together on the hull). The model rests on a black solid wood base with a metal nameplate. The ship model is built exactly to scale as the original 1862 CSS Virginia was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish. You can view and purchase the CSS Virginia Civil War Confederate ironclad model separately here.
The table top display case is made out of hardwood and has a dark mahogany finish. With it's distinctive design it will add elegance and beauty when displayed in your home or office. It comes with plexiglass panels for all sides. The display case does require some assembly. The display case measures 38.5" long x 16" tall x 9.5" wide. You can view and purchase the Table Top Display Case separately here.
This is an Exclusive Edition Model Ship, where each model is uniquely identified by a serial number, which is laser cut to the back of the nameplate. In this edition, we are able to identify the production date of a model, the material that we used on the model, the craftsmen who worked on each area of the model, the individual who inspected the model and also the professional packaging staff, who finally packed the model into shipping box.
The model measures 28" long overall from bow to stern. It's a historical & famous ship model that will be a conversation piece for any room or office.
Highlights about this Civil War ironclad model ship:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Included with this expert level ship model is a solid wood base with a brass name plate
- Size: 28" overall length x 9" overall height x 7" overall width
- Size Display Case: 38.5" Length x 9.5" Width x 16" Height
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model boat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen.
- Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood.
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop