This handcrafted, expert level, highly detailed, Battleship USS Alabama BB-60 scale model ship is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
Details on this battleship USS Alabama BB-60 USN Naval memorial park ship model include a camouflage paint scheme, 16" main battery guns, anti-aircraft batteries, triple-gun turrets, 5" dual purpose guns, Kingfisher floatplanes, numerous antenna wires, twin metal anchors, brass propellers and many more details...
This USS Alabama battleship model was specially designed & built by the plank on bulkhead method (joining multiple small pieces of wood like western red cedar, rosewood and mahogany wood together on the hull). The model rests on a black solid wood base with a metal nameplate and brass support posts. The ship model is built exactly to scale as the original 1942 USS Alabama BB-60 was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
This is an Exclusive Edition Model Ship, where each model is uniquely identified by a serial number, which is laser cut to the back of the nameplate. In this edition, we are able to identify the production date of a model, the material that we used on the model, the craftsmen who worked on each area of the model, the individual who inspected the model and also the professional packaging staff, who finally packed the model into shipping box.
Highlights about this Battleship Model Memorial Park Museum ship:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Included with this expert level ship model is a solid wood base with a brass name plate
- Size: Overall 42.5" length x 15.75" height x 7" width
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model boat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen.
- Made of finest wood like western red cedar, rosewood and mahogany.
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop
The model measures 42.5" long overall from bow to stern. It's a historical & famous ship model that will be a conversation piece for any room or office.