This museum quality, highly detailed, Cedar Strip Canoe display model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit). The Canoe is manufactured by "Woodenboat USA" (formally Grande Canoes). Woodenboat USA has more than 30 years of wood working experience and a passion for the water crafts they build. All Woodenboat USA Canoes & Kayaks come with a 6 month limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
This beautiful Canoe display model is handcrafted from beautiful strips of 100% Canadian western red cedar wood (a very rare, soft yet very strong timber). The hull is then covered with an invisible layer of clear fiber glass cloth which is bonded with watertight clear epoxy resin and is then coated with marine varnish. This combination of fiberglass & epoxy is very strong & abrasion resistant and completely transparent so that the beauty of the wood shows through while protecting it for generations.
This Cedar-strip canoe model is completely hand built by skillful and creative master craftsmen, using a process called Strip-building which is a method of boat building commonly used for canoes and kayaks, but also suitable for larger boats. The process involves securing narrow, flexible strips of wood edge-to-edge around temporary forms. The strips are secured to each other with epoxy glue. The roughly covered hull is then smoothed and reinforced with fiberglass cloth & epoxy before removing it from the forms. The inside is then smoothed and similarly reinforced.
The canoe model is built exactly the same as our full size canoes and is seaworthy, but it is small only 5.87 feet long and is meant for display. This canoe has had ribs installed to make it even stronger and prettier. Included with this model is a wooden paddle.
This wooden canoe display model measures 70.5" inches (5.87' feet) long from bow (front) to stern (rear). It's a show stopping canoe that is sure to attract attention and to become a treasured family heirloom.
Highlights about this wooden canoe model boat:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “strip-built” construction method
- Included with this Canoe is a wooden paddle
- Size: 70.5" length x 15" height x 20.25" width
- Bow height: 15"
- Mid height: 7"
- Condition: New
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this cedar strip canoe
- Made of finest Canadian red cedar wood (a very rare, soft yet very strong timber)
- All the wood is naturally seasoned and kiln dried before use to make sure that the completed product withstands any climate
- This canoe model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop
- SHIPPED VIA FREIGHT (TRUCK)
- FREE LOCAL PICK-UP AVAILABLE at Ontario, California.