This high quality, highly detailed, expert level, USS Constitution Copper Bottom tall ship model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This USS Constitution Copper Bottom model was specially designed & built by the plank on bulkhead method (joining multiple small pieces of wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood together on the hull). The tall ship model is built exactly to scale as the original USS Constitution was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
The bottom of this Constitution model is clad in copper and the copper has been coated with fiberglass resin to preserve it. This was an early form of bottom paint and was done to ward off barnacles and the Toredo worm (a wood boring worm). Keeping the bottom clean allowed the war ship to sail at her best speed.
This is an Exclusive Edition Model Ship, where each model is uniquely identified by a serial number, which is laser cut to the hull of each model. In this edition, we are able to identify the production date of a model, the material that was used on the model, the craftsmen who worked on each area of the model, the individual who inspected the model and also the professional packaging staff. Quality is our number 1 priority, thus all steps are thoroughly supervised from the beginning to the end of making each model.
The model measures 38" long from bow to stern. It's a beautiful ship model with a lot of history that is sure to become a treasured family heirloom.
Highlights about this USS Constitution Copper Bottom model tall ship:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Included with this expert level tall ship model is a solid wood base with a brass name plate
- Size: 38" overall length x 32" height x 13" width
- Scale: 1:64
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model sailboat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen
- Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this model
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop