This expert level, highly detailed, HMS Surprise tall ship model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit). Seen in the Master & Commander movie.
This HMS Surprise tall ship scale model was specially designed & built by the plank on bulkhead method (joining multiple small pieces of wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood together on the hull). The tall ship model is built exactly to scale as the original HMS Surprise was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
The HMS Surprise is the ship seen in the movie Master & Commander! The replica is on display at The Maritime Museum of San Diego.
This is an Exclusive Edition Model Ship, where each model is uniquely identified by a serial number, which is laser cut to the hull of each model. In this edition, we are able to identify the production date of a model, the material that was used on the model, the craftsmen who worked on each area of the model, the individual who inspected the model and also the professional packaging staff. Quality is our number 1 priority, thus all steps are thoroughly supervised from the beginning to the end of making each model.
The HMS Surprise model measures 37" long from bow to stern. It's a fabulous ship model that will be a conversation piece for any room or office.
Highlights about this HMS Surprise tall ship model:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Included with this intermediate level boat model is a solid wood base with a brass name plate
- Size: 37" overall length x 31" height x12" width
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this sailboat model
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen
- Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this wooden model
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This wooden ship model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop