This expert level, high quality, Volunteer 1887 America's Cup Half Hull Model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit). The manufacturer is Abordage'.
This Volunteer 1887 America's Cup half hull model was crafted in mahogany and tropical hard woods by the traditional plank on bulkhead method. After the bulkheads are laid and the hull lines trued, the hull is planked with individual wooden strips to form a smooth silhouette.
The Volunteer model is then sanded, hand painted with white topsides and a light brown bottom. The half hull is then mounted on a ready to hang wooden plaque, with an engraved brass nameplate. The half hull model is built exactly to scale as the original Volunteer 1887 was. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
The half hull model plaque measures 29.5"(75cm) x 7.8"(20cm) and the model measures 23.6"(60cm) long from bow to stern. It's an historic half hull model sailboat that is sure to become a treasured family heirloom.
Highlights about this America's Cup half hull model:
- 100% hand crafted using "plank on bulkhead" construction method
- Hand sanded hulls are finished with marine varnishes and polyurethane paint
- Included with this expert level model boat is an engraved brass nameplate
- Size Plaque: 29.5" overall length x 7.8" height
- Size Model: 23.6" overall length
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this half hull model sailboat
- Made of the finest mahogany and tropical hard wood
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop
Many More America's Cup Yacht Half Model Sailboats Are Available.