For sale is this very high quality, completely handcrafted, ultralight weight (only 35 lbs), Cedar Strip Built Wooden Canoe. The Canoe is manufactured by "Woodenboat USA" (formally Grande Canoes) a division of our fully assembled model ship & boats company OMH Inc. Woodenboat USA has more than 30 years of wood working experience and a passion for the water crafts they build. All Woodenboat USA Canoes & Kayaks come with a 6 month limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
This beautiful Canoe is handcrafted from beautiful strips of 100% Canadian western red cedar wood (a very rare, soft yet very strong timber). The hull is then covered with an invisible layer of clear fiber glass cloth which is bonded with watertight clear epoxy resin and is then coated with marine varnish. This combination of fiberglass & epoxy is very strong & abrasion resistant and completely transparent so that the beauty of the wood shows through while protecting it for generations.
This Cedar-strip canoe is completely hand built by skillful and creative master craftsmen, using a process called Strip-building which is a method of boat building commonly used for canoes and kayaks, but also suitable for larger boats. The process involves securing narrow, flexible strips of wood edge-to-edge around temporary forms. The strips are secured to each other with epoxy glue. The roughly covered hull is then smoothed and reinforced with fiberglass cloth & epoxy before removing it from the forms. The inside is then smoothed and similarly reinforced.
The canoe has a traditional curved bow & stern and is built with ribs to make it even stronger. This canoe is lightweight and at only 35 pounds one person can easily carry the canoe. When you are not out enjoying the canoe on the water, the canoe can make a striking display. Included with this cedar strip canoe boat is a set of show grade wooden paddles and a canoe slip cover to protect the canoe during transportation and from the sun.
This wooden canoe measures 144" inches (12 feet) long from bow (front) to stern (rear). It's a show stopping canoe that is sure to attract attention on & off the water and to become a treasured family heirloom.
Highlights about this cedar strip built wooden canoe boat:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “strip-built” construction method
- Included with this Canoe is a set of show grade wooden paddles and a slip cover
- Size: 144" length x 21" height x 28.5" width
- Bow height: 21"
- Mid height: 10"
- Rocker: Slightly rocked
- Capacity: 375 lbs
- Weight: 35 lbs
- Condition: New
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this cedar strip canoe
- Made of finest Canadian red cedar wood (a very rare, soft yet very strong timber)
- All the wood is naturally seasoned and kiln dried before use to make sure that the completed product withstands any climate
- This canoe went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop
- SHIPPED VIA FREIGHT (TRUCK)
- LOCAL PICK-UP AVAILABLE at Ontario, California.