This intermediate level, detailed, high quality, Rangoon Tramp Steamer ship half model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This S. S. Rangoon tramp steamer half model was handcrafted in wood and is a solid carved wooden hull. The tramp steamer ship model is then sanded and hand painted with a black hull, white & honey wood tone topsides with red bottom paint. The entire hull has an antiqued distressed finish on it to give the model a more authentic antique look.
The Rangoon tramp steamer half model has detailed wooden deck-fittings, lifeboat, smokestack and masts with cotton rigging lines. The half hull is mounted on a ready to hang wooden plaque, with "S. S. RANGOON - 1918, 6200 TONS" across the top. The half hull model is built to scale as the original S. S. Rangoon 1918 Tramp Steamer was. The task required skillful craftsmen many hours to accomplish.
The half model plaque measures 25" (63.5 cm) x 12.25" (31.1 cm) x 1.75" (4.4 cm). It's an historic half model tramp steamer ship that is sure to become a treasured family heirloom.
Highlights about this Rangoon 1918 tramp steamer half model:
- 100% hand crafted using “carved solid wood” construction method
- Hand sanded hulls are hand painted
- Size Plaque: 25" overall length x 12.25" height x 1.75" depth
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Many hours where required to finish this half model
- Made of the finest wood
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic.
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.