This intermediate level, detailed, high quality, Thermopylae 1868 clipper ship half hull model is fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This Thermopylae 1868 clipper ship half hull model was handcrafted in basswood and is a solid carved wooden hull. The clipper ship model is then sanded and hand painted with dark & light honey contrasting stripes on the hull and a black topsides with a red rail. The entire hull has an antiqued distressed finish on it to give the model a more authentic antique look.
The Thermopylae 1868 clipper ship half hull model has a detailed figurehead of King Leonidas of Sparta, leader of one of histories most famous last stands, (symbolizing courage against overwhelming odds). The half hull is mounted on a ready to hang wooden plaque, with a nameplate stating "THERMOPYLAE, WALTER HOOD & Co., ABERDEEN, 1868". The half hull model is built to scale as the original Thermopylae clipper ship was. The task required skillful craftsmen many hours to accomplish.
Highlights about this Thermopylae 1868 clipper ship half hull model:
- 100% hand crafted using “carved solid wood” construction method
- Hand sanded hulls are hand painted
- Size Plaque: 37" overall length x 10" height
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Many hours where required to finish this half hull model sailboat.
- Made of the finest basswood
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic.
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.
The half hull model plaque measures 37" (94 cm) x 10" (25cm) x 3.5" (9 cm). It's an historic half hull model clipper ship that is sure to become a treasured family heirloom.