This Weather Glass Wall Plaque Barometer is 16.5" tall x 6" wide.
The weather glass barometer has an antiqued distressed French finish. This hand blown weather glass hangs from a hand turned solid brass hook that is mounted on a wooden plaque. Below the glass weatherglass is a handcrafted brass drop catcher with explanatory legend (in four languages).
Weather forecasting is just like it was some three centuries ago. Called the ‘poor man’s’ barometer, this decorative hand blown glass instrument accurately forecasts weather hours in advance, just by using atmospheric pressure. Detailed instructions are below.
By the 17th century, square-riggers carried a weatherglass next to the compass on the chart room table. The weatherglass invokes the spirit of times past when people used simple inventions to guide their daily lives, often with highly satisfying results.
- Size: 6" width x 16.5'' height x 3" deep
- Material: Hand blown glass, wood & brass
- Finish: Antiqued distressed French finish
- Explanatory legend (in four languages)
- Gift boxed, includes the story of the weather glass